No one likes cockroaches in their home; they are disgusting to look at and are carriers of various diseases and infections.
However, once they get comfortable in your home, then they are extremely difficult to get rid of.
Therefore it’s important to get rid of these roaches immediately and effectively before they wreak havoc on you.
And while there are now numerous methods available to eliminate these roaches, we are specifically going to talk about fumigation today.
In this article, will tell you what roach fumigation is, whether it’s an effective method of killing cockroaches, and how to look after your house before and after the fumigation process.
So let’s get started.
What is Roach Fumigation?
The gas is released in a confined and sealed area.
The advantage of fumigation is that it reaches crevices and cracks that can’t be reached otherwise.
It is an instant process and will kill any pests that you have in your house.
Does Fumigation Kill Cockroaches?
Fumigation is highly effective for killing cockroaches; it will reach all corners of your home and get rid of all roaches.
However, if cockroaches have laid eggs in your house, fumigation will not help with that. Eggs are resistant to fumigation and will hatch later.
To get rid of eggs, you will have to use some other method.
How Much Does Roach Fumigation Cost?
Fumigation cost depends on the size of the area being fumigated; it is not a very expensive treatment.
Usually, the treatment costs 1$ – 3$ per square foot; this could vary depending upon the exterminator you hire.
How Do You Clean After Roach Fumigation?
Cleaning after fumigation is an important step as you don’t want any of that pesticide comes in contact with humans.
They are full of chemicals that could prove to be fatal.
Some steps you should take after fumigation:
- Sweep your whole house thoroughly to get rid of any dead cockroaches.
- Wipe every surface or floor which was uncovered during the fumigation process.
- Wipe any significant electronic appliance like a fridge or TV that couldn’t be covered during fumigation.
- Change bed sheets and pillow covers immediately after fumigation.
- Make sure to clean the changed bedsheets thoroughly before the next use.
- Throw out any food that was left out uncovered.
- Take out the garbage timely and regularly.
For long-lasting results, make it a point to keep your house clean.
A dirty and unkempt house invites and breeds cockroaches; it’s important to keep your home clean to prevent any further cockroach infestations.
How Do You Prepare Your House for Roach Fumigation
You need to prepare your house for the fumigation process to get not only the best results but the safest results.
With chemical pesticides, it is best to take all the preventive measures you can.
Some steps you must take before the fumigation process:
- Cover all open small appliances that you can.
- Cover all the furniture at home.
- Remove any food that is kept out in the open.
- Keep all baby or pet toys or anything else they use in a covered space.
- Clean your house once beforehand.
- Put away any utensils out in the open.
In a nutshell, the cockroach fumigation process is an easy and efficient way of getting rid of these pesky bugs for an extended period.
It will wipe-out cockroach instantly, allowing you to have roach-free life.
Fumigation can also be done for office spaces, warehouses, factories, or any other closed space; you just have to follow some basic health and safety precautions.
We hope this article helps you understand the fumigation process and how it can benefit you in dealing with roaches and their infestation.
So this 2021, start your year the right way by finally getting your house fumigated and eliminating those roaches permanently and effectively.