No one wants cockroaches in their home. Not only are they disgusting to look at but carry numerous diseases. But once they find a home in your home, they are extremely difficult to get rid of.
It is important to get pest control done to effectively get rid of cockroaches. While there are many methods out there to get rid of roaches, we are here to tell you about fumigation.
This article will tell you what roach fumigation is if it’s an effective method of killing cockroaches, and how to look after your house before and after the fumigation process.
What is Roach Fumigation?
The advantage of fumigation is that it reaches crevices and cracks that can’t be reached otherwise. It is an instant process and will kill any pests that you have in your house.
Does Fumigation Kill Cockroaches?
Fumigation is highly effective for killing cockroaches. It will reach all corners of your home and get rid of all roaches.
However, if cockroaches have laid eggs in your house fumigation will not help with that. Eggs are resistant to fumigation and will hatch later. To get rid of eggs you will have to use some other method.
How Much Does Roach Fumigation Cost?
Fumigation cost depends on the size of the area being fumigated. It’s not a very expensive treatment.
Usually, the treatment costs 1$ – 3$ per square foot. This could vary depending upon the exterminator you hire.
How Do You Clean After Roach Fumigation?
Cleaning after fumigation is an important step as you don’t want any of that pesticide comes in contact with humans. They are full of chemicals that could prove to be fatal. Some steps you should take after fumigation:
- Sweep your whole house thoroughly to get rid of any dead cockroaches.
- Wipe every surface or floor which was uncovered during the fumigation process.
- Use a wet cloth for this.
- Scrub the floors with detergent
- Wipe any big electronic appliance like a Fridge or TV that couldn’t be covered during fumigation.
- Change bed sheets and pillow covers immediately after fumigation. Make sure to clean the changes bedsheets thoroughly before the next use.
- Throw out any food that was left out uncovered.
- Take out the garbage
For long-lasting results of fumigation, make it a point to keep your house clean. A dirty and unkempt house invites and breeds cockroaches. It is a good habit to keep your house clean to prevent any further cockroach infestations.
How Do You Prepare Your House for Roach Fumigation
You need to prepare your house for the fumigation process to get not only the best results but the safest results. With chemical pesticides, it is best to take all the preventive measures you can. Some steps you must take before the fumigation process:
- Cover all open small appliances that you can
- Cover all the furniture at home
- Remove any food that is kept out in the open.
- Keep all baby or pet toys or anything else they use in a covered space.
- Clean your house once beforehand.
- Put away any utensils out in the open.
How Much a Decent Exterminator Will Charge for Your House?
Fill this form, and you’ll get free quotes from the trusted exterminators in your local area. Don’t worry; your personal information is safe. At least, you’ll know how much you will have to pay if you take the help of your local exterminators.
The cockroach fumigation process is easy and effective. It will get rid of cockroach instantly, giving you a cockroach free life.
Fumigation can also be done for office spaces, warehouses, factories or any other closed space. You just have to follow some basic health and safety precautions.
We hope this article helped in understanding the fumigation process. This 2020 start your year by getting your house fumigated and finally getting rid of that cockroach problem!