Have you ever thought about buying Dubia roaches?
Why there’s a need to breed them?
Getting worried about how to breed dubia roaches faster at home?
No worries, we have got you covered.
Let’s discuss the various ways in which you can breed Dubia roaches at home.
Why there is a need for breeding Dubia roaches?
Dubia roaches are one of the breeds which are not found at your home, unlike other breeds. They are not easy to keep at home. But, at the same time, it’s of a great benefit to the person who eats them and breeds them.
Some of the needs to breed Dubia roaches are:
- Protein: Out of all roaches, Dubia roach provides the maximum protein when eaten. At about 22% Dubia roaches are nearly the top of the list. That means on a dry matter basis, this roach is 54% protein.
- They won’t infest your home: Breeding of Dubia roaches won’t affect your house in any way.
- Nutrition Density: The nutrition density amongst this roach is the highest.
- Vitamins and Minerals: It contains vitamins and minerals.
- All –Around Nutrition: It will provide all-around nutrition to the reptiles and the human who eat it.
- They don’t smell: Breeding the roaches at your home will also not smell.
What is Dubia roaches breeding kit?
Dubia roach breeding kit includes numerous things such as:
- Screen, glue or tape
- Water bowl, the substrate
- Food bowl, food
- Electronic thermostat
These all things (Some are optional) are required to making a good and effective Dubia roach colony at home. It will provide better and effective result.
Dubia roaches breeding setup
As Dubia roaches require special care. There is need of proper Dubia roaches setup in order to properly breed the roaches.
You will need the following for Dubia roach breeding colony:
- A heat source is required in order to provide heat to your Dubia roach colony.
- A plastic bin or container to store the Dubia roach colony.
- Egg crates or other materials in order to provide a suitable surface for the females to give birth.
Put all of the above together and you will have the perfect setup for breeding of your Roaches.
Food and water bowl can be kept after the Dubia roach breeding setup is successfully done.
How to breed Dubia roaches faster
Dubia roaches may not breed properly if proper environment is not given to them. So here are some ways to make your Dubia roaches breed faster:
- Proper heat sources should be kept in order to make Dubia roaches breed faster. You can use a reptile mat, hot water heaters in order to provide the optimal temperatures for the Dubia roaches to grow.
- You should feed your Dubia roaches daily. You can use different foods available for the roaches such as grapes, carrots or any of the food sources which is available for the roaches to eat. Make sure to timely change the food materials. Mold will kill your colony.
- Always use dried water crystals or water gel to provide a water source to your roaches. Standing water will create too much moisture and will, in turn, promote mold growth. This increases the chances of mold growth and increased drowning.
- Cleanliness is the main criteria for this colony to grow. So, clean you Dubia colony at least 1 time every 2 weeks in order to make it mold free and healthy.
How fast do dubia roaches breed?
Dubia roaches live on an average about 16 months to 2 years. There are many other factors involved, but this the average according to different experiences of the people breeding them.
The female Dubia roach tends to live more than the male Dubia roaches by few extra months.
The females Dubia roaches have approximately 15-40 baby nymphs on average.
They almost give birth to live nymphs every 28 days after reaching their adulthood which can take about 6-7 months.
An adult female Dubia roach give birth around 9 times during its life span.
Why aren’t my Dubia roaches breeding?
There can be several reasons due to which the Dubia roaches aren’t breeding properly. Some of the reasons can be:
- No proper environment: If the proper place and right conditions are not provided to the insect it won’t reproduce and die. Proper conditions are to be provided in order to get the best results. They surely won’t exist at all if they are failed to breed. The first thing to consider if your roaches aren’t breeding is to look around their environment.
- May take Time: The results may take time and there may be nothing wrong in your breeding, the reason for this is the Dubia roach reproductive cycle.
- Inadequate Heat: The colony may not have the proper heating conditions. It is suggested to maintain a consistent temperature between 80ºF and 90ºF.
- Inadequate Food: The food provided to the colony may not be enough. The food should be adequately provided according to the population of the roaches. It is advised to change the food after a short span of time.
- Inadequate Humidity: The humidity which is hence provided to the Dubia roaches may not be adequate. Thus causing a problem I the breeding of the roaches.
- Too Many Males: One of the reasons can be excess of male Dubia roaches. It tends to eat the younger Dubia roaches.
These can be some reasons which act as a barrier in order to provide the perfect breeding.
For more effective and better results keep all the things in mind before breeding the Dubia roaches.
How Much a Decent Exterminator Will Charge for Your House?
Fill this form, and you’ll get free quotes from the trusted exterminators in your local area. Don’t worry; your personal information is safe. At least, you’ll know how much you will have to pay if you take the help of your local exterminators.
In the end, it can be concluded that breeding Dubia roaches can be really beneficial. Proper breeding kit, colony setup should be done in order to get the best results.
There can be several reasons due to which the roaches aren’t breeding; it should be given duly importance in order to get the best Dubia roaches colony.